1/2/13

I'm sorry for not remembering your name.
I'm sorry for not remembering when we met.
I'm sorry for being late.
I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.
I'm sorry for making fun of you.
I'm sorry for not taking you seriously.
I'm sorry for making you feel like everything you did upset me. What I meant to say was that everything anybody does upsets me. What I meant to say was that I was upset.
I'm sorry for making you feel like you're not special.
I'm sorry for acting like we're different.
I'm sorry for bossing you around. In so many different ways.
I'm sorry for stealing, for taking what was yours.
I'm sorry for being stingy, for not giving you enough of what's mine.
I'm sorry for taking too long.
I'm sorry for not calling you back.
I'm sorry for quitting.
I'm sorry for not going to visit you when you were in the hospital.
I'm sorry for not standing up for myself.
I'm sorry for saying I'd do things I didn't want to do, and then doing them half-heartedly.
I'm sorry for not trying harder.
I'm sorry for wanting too bad.
I'm sorry for being weak. (I'm sorry for apologizing so much.)
I'm sorry for holding back, for blaming myself. For keeping it a secret when I wanted, really badly, to tell you. And I'm sorry for not telling you, even after I knew that you wanted me to.

No comments: