10/9/07

I Think Yr A Fucking Drag

Mercury is about to go into retrograde. Good thing I didn't buy that new iPod yet. Also, I guess in keeping with the universe, I am totally, seriously, and somewhat beautifully (in a zen way) broke. Entirely. This is scary. Feel somewhat encouraged by the fact that there's not a lot I can do about it. So: Radical Acceptance. This is your charge if you're reading this blog. Google "radical acceptance" and find out about DBT. Lenahan. Learn it. Trust. Also part of Mercury going into retrograde is revisiting old things. Picking up where we left off. Childhood friends getting back in touch. Cleaning my room. finishing books I've only half-read. Going back through reams of notes, little snippets of songs on my computer. Finishing projects. Editing. Calling exes to make friends. And, of course, the San Francisco Witches are coming to town. More on this soon. Talk about old friends. James and Mason shaped my youth. I always get to visit them when Mercury is in retrograde. We'll weather it, I guess.

Saw the Blow on Friday with the Soft Butches.
Continue to make extraordinarily bad decisions on the weekends. Up to and including cigarettes. Feel like my heart has been in a bucket of ice for the last year. It's thawing, and it hurts.

Performing a ukulele set tomorrow night of all new songs. Terrified. Completely.
Finished one new song (two more to go), titled "Cat In A Tree".

Feel pretty shaky but okay.


Something that makes me feel better:








No comments: