1/9/08

Knuckles, Teeth, Snow, Clouds

Thinking of organizing things by color. All the white I can think of.

In art class in college, my instructor and close personal friend Robin Winters once said that he never identified as white, in any way. Whiteness, he said (he's Irish though I'm not sure its germane or fair to mention this), is the color of death. The Void, nothingness. Emptiness. He had, and now I do, a lot to say about the subject of White. We have a lot to talk about when we're talking about annihilation. But, of course, none of this gets said. White, in addition to being the Color of the Void, is tremendously boring.


PARTIAL LIST OF THINGS I DO NOT BELIEVE IN:
  • Heaven
  • Pilates
  • Revenge
  • True Love
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Meditation
  • Shortbus
  • That celebrities are just like us
  • Fate (seems unnecessarily cruel)
  • "Responsible" cocaine use
  • Straight Edge
  • Marriage, or having children (one or the other please thanks)
  • Eating meat
  • Modernist fiction in general (sorry)
  • Guitars
  • World Peace
  • Writing love songs (or poems, paintings, etc.)
  • The work of Tori Amos (though I'm trying really hard)
  • That NYC nightlife is dead
  • That NYC nightlife is due for a comeback
  • My future
  • Dating as a hobby


That all being said:


No comments: