6/6/08

An Unfair Place

I won't go into it because I don't like being made fun of for it, but suffice it to say that there is ample evidence today, of the world being an awful place. An Unfair Place.

I'm In A Bad Mood Again.


I find that when you get into a bad mood / are always in a bad mood / have a personality disorder, it helps to have a list of things that make you happy. They don't have to be real things, or things that you own or have access to. It is ideal, though, to have a few things at hand.

This movie is one of those things. It's absolutely gorgeous and makes me feel hopeful, or at least okay with being in a bad mood. I never really cared much for Grace Jones' version of this song, but the movie that Miriam and Richert made for this is really beautiful. More can be found, obviously, at Regular Motion. I'm hard-pressed to explain what it is I like about this video, what it is that I find so important. I think Richert and Miriam are really smart, they care a lot about inflection, about lilting tones, and about eyebrows. It's funny to watch them work, because some of the work is really left up to improvisation, but some of it is so beautiful fine-tuned. Really inspiring, clear, and effective art.

Enjoy.



No comments: