10/16/08

Mad Destroyer

The part of that Tracy + the Plastics song "Destroyer" when Wynne screams "Why don't you CALL?!"

I hate this part. I've done this so many times that I decided not to do it anymore. It's like being double-jointed when you're eleven (which I was). It's a neat trick, but you do it so often and so easily that it stops even being special. Eventually it starts to hurt. You grow new cartilage around your trick, this special flexibility.

Okay I am dropping the metaphor. I don't really mean "the trick" as in being double-jointed. I've had a lot of caffeine and no attention span. I mean "the trick" as in: waiting for some guy to call. I'm done doing this. I don't like myself when I'm impatient. It's not fun and no one wants to hear about it.

Made slightly more complicated because of my circumstances. Tonight I'm going to clean my room, I guess. Do some laundry. Think productive thoughts. Listen to the Melvins and write love stories about monsters and Not Wait Around (or not appear to be waiting around).

Big Candy. Hot Air. It shouldn't have to be like this. Dog City.

No comments: