1/22/09

Counting By Color

  • Avocado
  • Lime
  • Kiwi
  • Pistachio
  • I'm not in the mood to tell anybody how hip or cool they are
  • Red wine
  • White wine
  • Jameson's
  • Export 'A's
  • Camel Lights
  • Kamel Reds
  • Djarum
  • Lifestyle
  • Trojan
  • Kimono
  • Blue
  • Black
  • Grey
  • Purple
  • Green
  • I want what I want the way I want it
  • I want big failure
  • But I want to decide when
  • Peanuts
  • Peanut butter
  • Explaining to someone who understands
  • Last night the Universe sent me stoned and two hours late to the wrong theater in the wrong borough. I pouted at a party that I wasn't invited to, I just burst in. Room full of unfamiliar faces, I knew I should have checked before somehow. Mercury facing backwards for another two weeks. Irrelevant, but I was wearing a really cute outfit and smelled really good wearing voodoo oil, I'd been burning prosperity herbs all night. I felt really great and wanted to see my friends perform. The Universe sent me out as if for practice, then reminded me that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I trudged through ice and snow and meditated on the positive aspects of the season. I called my old homegirl Cotton and we gabbed for a bit about being in touch with our old friend Antlers.
  • Reading Burroughs' The Wild Boys I could have saved myself so much time if someone had given it to me as a kid.
  • Back home in bed ate havlah and watched "Capote". I've said this before but I think Catherine Keener should star in everything ever.
  • The Universe gave me a hint and I listened to it and it's too cold.
  • Ice cream
  • Sodas
  • Making you a mix CD with the songs as messages
  • You love the way it feels to suck on my lips
  • But you know you won't get the chance again

1 comment:

Daniel Portland said...

if you haven't read port of saints then you could maybe be saving yrself even more time