1/22/09

I JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT I'M FIERCE

"Miss Thing, Miss Thing, Miss Thing, Miss Thing / She had to pawn her diamond ring / She went on down to Burger King / And found they weren't hiring"

I just adore Uncanny Alliance.


I am so glad that these videos are finally online.
They're both definitely some of my favorite songs ever. Both from their sadly out-of-print and totally underrated 1994 album The Groove Won't Bite.



(House music intertextuality, vis-a-vis Crystal Waters' "Gypsy Woman", natch.)



(Bette Midler does a surprisingly faithful cover of this song. This is the only time I'm gonna talk about Better Midler on my blog, probably ever. Only in the context of the Divine Miss M as she relates to Uncanny Alliance. Good morning.)

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

this is amazing, Max, thanks!