12/1/09

What you do What you do Not do

SHIT I AM NOT GOING TO FOCUS ON CAUSE IT WILL DRIVE ME INSANE:
  • The fact that I still need to get my teeth fixed.
  • How stressed out I get at work.
  • My student loans.
  • Being almost physically unable to have a meaningful interaction with anyone.
  • Feeling like a failure / rejected / slighted by the entire world (of cute boys).
  • Anger, Jealousy, Regret.
  • How behind I am on all of the projects I would like to do.
  • Feeling like I never have any good ideas.
  • Not having any time to myself to find out if I do ever have any good ideas.
SHIT I AM TRYING TO REALLY KEEP IN MIND CAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LESS CRAZY:
  • My friends, who wouldn't be friends with me if I was actually as horrible of a person as I feel like. So there're some nice counterarguments.
  • Setting up an appointment with a real life psychoanalyst, a la Erica Jong.
  • Exercise.
  • Really obsessed with green nail polish and by extension Taking Care of Myself in Any Small Way that I Can.
  • Lil' Kim. Just generally.
  • Optimism, Luck, Romance.
  • Things can and should and could be different.
Thinking a lot about this video:

3 comments:

Daniel Portland said...

have i ever shown you this piece of mine that incorporates these song lyrics?: http://bp3.blogger.com/_t_Q8LzobRfM/R6eI0De6sOI/AAAAAAAAAhE/znlzIya4Nlk/s1600-h/ART2007_252.jpg

alex said...

it's like we are on the same leo wave length. I feel like I have compiled VERY similar lists recently.

Becky Hirschfeld said...

oh that lil kim....