Photo by Ves Pitts
SOME SHIT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT // DO NOT THINK IS COOL:
- FRENCH FILM / "CINEMA"
- Cinema, in general. I'm sorry. I think it's just that I can't sit through anything.
- The history of hardcore music. Zzzs, guys.
- The renaissance. See? I didn't even capitalize the 'R'.
- Putting people down for being veg. Unless they're really self-righteous about it or something. You know the difference. But like, no I don't want a burger and I don't think it'd be 'SO FUNNY' to ask me, like "Hey you want a HAMBURGER?!?" Yukyukyuk. Laught it up when I stay femme and thin for a million years and you die. Gimme that tofu.
- Putting people down, really, ever. For any reason.
Talking shit behind people's backs. It's okay (or closer to being okay), I think, to do it to their face. Cause then it's like, at least more honest or something. (See video, below).
- This photo my friend Cole Escola took.
- On Tuesday night I practiced with my new band, BODY HIGH, with my friend Daniel Portland a.k.a. Perfect Li'l Daniel a.k.a SexyYoungThing. He played me a solo cover version of "Song to the Siren" in the style of the infamous This Mortal Coil version and I'm gonna post it and it's pretty special. We recorded our practice session, including heated discussions about Karen Finley, Liza Minelli, and pot candy.
Wouldn't you want to start a band with this guy if you ran into him at a party? He's a really good guitarist.
Our band, the music of BODY HIGH sounds approximately like this photo:
- Talking aout your feelings. I think that's great. I'm into that a lot these days, I gotta say.
- Mat Heggem's art, generally, and his new vlog project. For a number of reasons, I think it's pretty cool.
- The video of the horribly angry teenage superstar Li'l Showstoppa that my room mate Ptrick the Witch showed me a while ago. I was thinking about the phrase "you can say it to my motherfucking... face." You can see it here.
- The outfits of Janet and Michael Jackson in the music video for "Scream":
Are you listening, La JJ? I am having some ideas about the two of us.
I think that appreciation for these looks is probably one of many things that Dirty Flaws and I might have in common. Her blog is really cool, you should check it out.
- Anna Dello Russo. I mean.
Comprenez-vous? Do you understand what she is saying?
I don't mean, like, in different languages or because she has that glamorous Italian accent. I mean: do you get her meaning? What do you think her 'message', philosophy, credo would be? I don't change my outfit three times a day, I eat three times a day. But I don't have those kinds of clothes, either. Anna Dello Russo has over 4,000 pairs of shoes.