9/14/10

Carrot, Honey, Oats, Apples, Saddles, Water and Cool Grass

(What are the things a horse desires? What does a horse want? What would entice it to take a long journey, with you on her back?)

Mercury is Direct! Let's all get back to work! Or not.
Had another fantastic weekend. Starting on THURSDAY, when I went to a very exxxclusive and secret sample sale for one of my favorite designers, BCALLA. I got this really cute shirt! I can't wait to wear it this friday night at my favorite NYC dance party JUDY! which will be at JUDSON CHURCH. Legendary.



I totally got to Brad's sale too early, well before he had even set it up. I like to call this "first dibs" or "private appointment" or something. HA. Anyways I really like this shirt! Special.

After the sale I got gussied up to see the lovely Joseph Keckler perform at Joe's Pub. Such a really amazing show! Very intense and polished and beautiful. I got his new CD, Featured Creatures, and got him to sign it like a nerd, and it's really beautiful. I listen to it a lot at the gym, but I also like to listen to opera at the gym. Joseph is kind of operatic. Grand-scale. Smart. Very correct. Get into it.

Speaking of pictures of me, here's a picture of me someone took at the SSION opening a few weeks ago.

I'm posting not because it's particularly cute or anything, but because it was for some reason on Solange Knowles blog! Rad! Super weird, right?

This weekend was a lot of fun. Probably too much fun.

There's a lot of things going on in my life right now, because (I think) Mercury is Direct now. I think things are getting back on track. But it's so scary! More on that later. On, I mean, the scary stuff, later. I can't tell if deferring to deal with fear is better than dealing with it. THE POINT IS: to neutralize the paralyzing fear. NOT that you can avoid fear or scary situations, or even, in my case, address the causes of fear (I am getting a filling next week and also I have crippling private student debt which will never go away). I'm just saying: acknowledge fear and don't let it kill you.

ANYWAYS.

THE BIG COOL NEWS IS THIS

B0DYH1GH + PAPS ARE PERFORMING THIS THURSDAY 9/16 AT THE PHOENIX IN NYC AT 9PM. THE SHOW IS FREE AND YOU SHOULD REALLY COME.

yeah.

No comments: