9/28/10

Grrrl Moments

So there's some talk in some places about riot grrrl and I could not be happier about this. As far as I'm concerned this has been entirely relevant for all of the last ten years. A big exciting new part of this moment / zeitgeist is my friend Sara Marcus' new book GIRLS TO THE FRONT which came out today and everybody should by. Very exciting.

As part of the book's promotion, they've set up a video page where there are some people's responses to riot grrrl. And hey, look who is on it!


here's another clip of me talking about riot grrrl:
Max & Dan - RG as art movement from RIOT GRRL VIDEOS on Vimeo.

TOTALLY nuts that Tavi is on it (right on!) AND ALSO SARA JAFFE omg still so starstruck. Goofy.
ANYWAY GO CHECK OUT THE OTHER VIDEOS and also please buy the book.

okay also speaking of riot grrrl, go check out THIS REALLY AMAZING RIOT GRRRL MIXTAPE OVER ON DIS MAGAZINE. It's from Ceci Moss, who is a performer and also writes a really cool blog. This mix is really great. I had heard some of these songs but others were real gems. Obviously I know and love the Flying Tigers very much and am really glad to have this song as an mp3.

Oh wait, there's also A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONG BY THE NEED on this mixtape. It is AMAZING. And I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

SO: go check these things out please.

No comments: