5/10/11

Days End Days

Today I sent out a big mass e-mail with information about the Scorcher zine release party as well as some other things, and felt really accomplished. If you want to get this e-mail then write me. But if you are reading this you probably don't need to get it? I'll talk about all the upcoming events here too, I guess.

Anyway I was really proud of finally getting it together and sending it out (it took like two seconds, I'm a total baby), and immediately remembered what I forgot to tell everyone about, which is this awesome interview I did with with Bridget Everett for EastVillageBoys. It's been a little while in the making, and I think it came out really well. Bridget is, for those of you who don't know, the best thing ever. She's a really fantastic performer, and a hilarious and awesome person in general. I'm really happy with this interview. You should go read it.

Feeling just generally forgetful the last two days. Hmm. Definitely the type of feeling where I would blame my ditziness on Mercury Retrograde. Would that it were! Anyway, I've been out of it and I feel myself getting back into it. I'm sitting in my kitchen, cooking noodles with broccoli and peanut sauce for dinner.

Listening to one of my favorite records of all time, Gal Costa's live LP:


Burning some new Lotus incense I got:


This weekend was really great but sort of exhausting. It was the big Comme des Garçons sale uptown. I got a t-shirt from the GOLDEN BOY 2005 collection. I feel sort of conflicted about how tacky it is, but I like tacky things. I mean, I think that's the point?



My summer 2011 look is American Eurotrash, so I think this goes along pretty well with it. I dunno.
(I'm happy to unpack that aesthetic for anyone who's interested/anyone who needs things unpacked for them). I don't ever wonder if I should go back to school, graduate school. Nope. Not once.

I was in a really shitty mood today, for like no reason. I went to the gym and it helped a lot. I also had an idea for something to write. Not as much something to write about but a thing to say. I dunno. Just noticing. Such a relief. I am working on this new stuff from the ENCOURAGER project. to debut at this reading next Sunday night, May 15th at MUNCH GALLERY in NYC. We'll see if it comes together or not. The event is called Munch It! and features Readings by (alpha order): JENNIFER BLOWDRYER, JOSEPH KECKLER, SLAVA MOGUTIN, DALE PECK, MAX STEELE, GERRY VISCO, MICHAEL WIENER. It's in conjunction with the exhibition "I Check You" a two-woman show by Finnish painter Rauha Mäkilä and the inimitable Gerry Visco. It's a stellar line-up and I can't wait to do it. More info about the event HERE. Here's a recent photo of Gerry and I:


So, there're some exciting things happening. The big reason I sent out the mass e-mail was for the SCORCHER #6 RELEASE PARTY. Just saying.

Yesterday I went to the dentist and got a filling replaced. This time, for real, I think I'm done with my dental work for the time being. It was pretty painless, and I'm glad I had it done. I felt kind of out of it when I got home, and decided not to tend to my huge list of chores. Instead I went to Jess Paps' house and I hung out with her cat and she gave me a haircut. Her downstairs neighbor is my old college friend Stephanie, who I hadn't seen in years. So it was really nice. Steph kept telling me she had this huge pile of photos of us in school and asked if I wanted to see them. I sort of do want to, and I sort of never want to. Does that make any sense? Is it possible to be incredibly vain and ashamed at the same time? Maybe that's the whole trip with that.

I feel like an astronaut sometimes, you know? Of feelings.
Mine and also other peoples'.

No comments: