6/27/11

Knives for Safety

And who wouldn't like to just move forward? That's why we're all here, right? I have some very exciting projects and performances coming up, but in order to get to them with a clear conscience, I think, in order to do that, we have some catching up to do.

For example, please check out this really cute video interview I did with ALEXANDER while I was in Berlin. It's viewable now on OUT THERE MAGAZINE's site. A few points of clarification:

- This was my last night in town.
- My movie audition didn't happen on that Tuesday (but I still don't want to talk about it).
- I don't know how I pulled the word "Asphalt" out of the ether, in terms of the Chanel nail polish I was describing. The color I was thinking of was "Graphite" from the F/W 2012 collection.

So I flew back to NYC last week (I already said this but am catching up) and went straight to Bobo's going away party. Here's a picture of me hiding in the garden she planted in her mom's backyard in Queens.


Can you spot Billy?

Getting from JFK to Bobo's mom's house in Flushing was easy. Getting home from Queens was fucking insane. PLD and Jiddy and I eventually ended up taking a cab, from Long Island City. I don't want to get into it. I was exhausted.

Monday I woke up early, went to the gym, cleaned my room, did laundry, went grocery shopping, cooked myself dinner AND had time to do a little personal pleasure-seeking, as a way of ending vacation. I dragged PLD with me to go to the Chanel boutique in SoHo to scope the new limited edition F/W 2012 Cha'Nail colors. I ended up not being that into the Graphite. I was really into, however, PERIDOT. Peridot is my birth stone, because I was born in August. It's a great idea. It's gold AND green. I am obsessed. Perfect Lil Daniel, however, opted for the Graphite. She's an academic so I guess it makes more sense for her (y'know, mechanical pencils, school supplies).




But who will wear the Quartz?

Incidentally, a cursory websearch on Peridot (remember when we used to go to libraries?) reveals that it was also Cleopatra's favorite jewel. THINGS CLEOPATRA AND I HAVE IN COMMON. Just kidding. My favorite jewel is probably not Peridot.

The week since then has been pretty fantastic. Last week I went to a couple shows, which I hadn't done in a long time. I saw NU SENSAE play last week and loved their set. This really cool band WHITE LUNG was on tour with them. Such great bands! I love the kids! Good energy! That, combined with seeing the Bush Tetras on Friday (along with the really fantastic openers, the Coathangers, FRIENDS and Religious to Damn ) makes me really want to go to a lot more rock shows. Like: Oh, RIGHT. This is where the cool punk girls hang out. Duly noted. I want in. If you're in a cool band, invite me to your show. I will come. Let's mosh.

I will wear earplugs though. I'm not that crazy.

Hey speaking of crazy, this weekend! You guys! even just Saturday night. I hung out with some of the best people in the world: Bobo, Colita Escolita, P.L.D., Ptrck the Witch, and soul-sister demigoddess Erin Markey (also a Leo, also born in August, she can borrow my Peridot nail polish anytime she wants).

Oh also at the amazing EVERYBOOTY dance party, DJ Lady Miss Kier played one of my songs, "Come on Billy".




So basically I can die. Basically: amazing. Oh my gosh. Wow.

Last night Bobo took me to Ikea so I could get a dresser. I got halfway through putting it together before I got too tired and gave up. Tonight, though! It's gonna happen.

My room will be clean and organized. Soon.
Okay, keep your eyes peeled for the future.
It's almost here.

No comments: