6/2/11

Superior Mother


I got a fern when I was upstate last weekend. I forgot to mention that. A Green Fantasy fern.

I've been sleeping really badly. It's like my mind just can't get used to the idea of sleep. I said this a few times over the weekend, so I thought I'd repeat it here. I often feel like a crazy person, but nothing makes me feel more insane than when I can't sleep. I had kind of an insane attempt at sleep last week, on Wednesday night. I only slept for about three hours, and ended up leaving work early on Thursday. I felt pretty bad about it, but I think I need to count "insomnia" as an actual affliction. Or something. Give myself a break.

So I've been complaining a lot. What's new. My friends all have these interesting theories as to why I have such bad insomnia: maybe I need to, ironically, stop taking the supplements I take to help me sleep, maybe I need more exercise, maybe I need a better diet, maybe I need a new mattress. Something.

MAYBE I NEED A VACATION.

So excited to be flying to BERLIN this Friday!

And I am doing some DATES there:

- Sunday 6/12: I will be DJ-ing at PORK @ Ficken3000 (Urbanstr. 70) 10pm. 3 Euros! I *MIGHT* be persuaded to sing a few numbers as well. You NEVER KNOW.

- Wednesday 6/15: I will be reading with La JohnJoseph at the BORDERLINES reading series, at
Alt-Stralau 70, 8pm 5 Euros.

- Thursday 6/16: I will be performing at Chantal's House of Shame at BASSY Club (Schönhauser Allee 176) 1am. 7 Euros.

So fucking excited! I'm mostly excited to hang out with La JohnJoseph. And to be on VACATION. I will likely not be blogging as much over there. I say that now but knowing me, I'll get bored and end up spending untold minutes writing instead of hanging out. I just want some fucking pastries. And those pink French cigarettes they sell over there.

Ugh. I guess it's really summer.



The beginning of summer is always like waking up and being asleep at the same time. It's such a trip. I can't really believe it. It feels like drugs (I'm sober). That's why I called the zine Scorcher becuz summers are sacred. Anyway I'm going on vacation and I can hardly believe it.

I've been a little bit in denial about it and not preparing, or something. I guess I don't need to prepare much. I need to pack. My plan is to bring everything in one large-ish carry-on bag. I am going for nine days. Is that crazy? I don't really think so. There will be a washing machine there. And, you know. Limiting myself, or whatever. Traveling light. I don't know what shoes to bring. ("So today I am having a crisis. And why? Because I can’t match a dress with a pair of shoes. I am embarrassed to say that." -- Miuccia Prada, New Yorker 3/12/04) I guess there are just so many things to think about. Infinite opportunities for better vibes and more good choices and outlooks. Mindful-ness.



So obsessed with this song, all the time.

No comments: