8/28/11

FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID FUCKING BAGEL





GOD. Jean Smith is and always has been such a genius. I was cleaning my room and listening to "Water Cuts My Hands" and thinking about how it's the perfect thing to listen to after this Hurricane Irene weekend of anxiety and guilt for being anxious. I'm glad everybody (almost everybody) is okay (almost okay). I did stay indoors and feel pretty stressed out. I am glad it's all over. I have tomorrow off of work. The trains aren't running. So I am planning on being productive! As productive as I can be. Then I have DANCE rehearsal for this new play I'm in. The weather right now is the beginning of autumn and it's so great. Kids are running around in the street, teenagers, boys and girls screaming at each other playing around. Or whatever.

Anyway. Jean Smith's work makes me feel really smart, and present and brave and excited. And I'm not the only one. Here's a little video of Nikki McClure talking about Mecca Normal:


And here's an interview with Miss Jean Smith herself:


And finally the point of the weekend, I guess, was to put this video in my path, my fate. Check out this awesome spoken video piece by Jean Smith, titled READING WRITING. A RHYTMIC TRICK.:

Brilliant, right? I also love that there are a bunch of apples on the drum behind her.

No comments: