6/13/13

Cold cold summer

I woke up early, in the middle of a dream which felt exciting but which i immediately forgot, to go to the gym this morning. before the thunderstorms. To see the future, read the forecast as I'm running on a treadmill. To see the map of the country, which parts they think are more likely to burst into flames today. In today's heat. Sometimes people ask me about the name of my zine, Scorcher. I saw it on TV, the weatherman said that's what the day would be. When I got home I was dripping with sweat. As I did my stretches, I heard the sweat drip off my forehead and land in little drops on the floor, at the same time that I heard the first raindrops started with their little clicks against the windowsill. It's raining outside, but that's not the only place it's raining.

No comments: