6/25/15

updates:

- Such a gross thing happened to me last weekend. I made some iced coffee and set it on my nightstand and took a little nap. I woke up from the nap and gulped the iced coffee and walked to the bathroom and as I was walking I realized I had some coffee grinds or something in my mouth so I spit out the little piece of grit in the bathroom sink and it was grit. It was a fly and the fly was alive. I was mad.

- I'm really into teal. I want to wear only teal. My new iPhone case is teal. Maybe I should change my name to Max Teal. I bought some fancy nice new teal clothes this weekend. When I was 13 I dyed my hair teal and my dad helped me. It didn't last long the way things tend not to.

- I'm super excited to be featured on this new website DANDY DICKS (NSFW). It's a sexy website and they are featuring a version of my story "ANGELS" which is excerpted from my new zine DOOR GIRLS (which you can buy HERE -- I'm gonna keep harping on this for a little while, sorry). I want to write more for and about them and am looking forward to doing so. OK!

- Finally, this friday night I am very excited to be part of EVERYBOOTY at BAM, where I will be hosting a reading featuring myself, Kayla Morse and Tommy Pico. You can see the full schedule and info on tickets below. This is going to be epick and you definitely have to come.



After sold out events for the last three years, Everybooty returns to BAM to take over the entire four-floor Fisher Building (including an incredible rooftop!) for one QUEER night that mashes up performance, bands, art, DJs and readings and brings together SPANK, SARAH JENNY and BIG ART GROUP for an over-the-top not-to-be-missed sensational event.

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW!!
http://www.bam.org/everybooty

A radical night of multi-arts mayhem to celebrate Pride!
++ PERFORMANCES ++
Will Sheridan
Mizz June
The Feath3r Theory
Turnt Up Trifecta (Untitled Queen, Horrorchata & Merrie Cherry with special guest Lady Quesa D'illa)
I AM A BOYS CHOIR
Bianca Dagga
BB Heart
The Incredible, Edible Akynos
The Dance Cartel

++ CONCEPT GOGO ++
Addys Gonzalez
Nicholas Gorham

++ DJs ++
DJ Sean Be (SPANK)
DJ Matty Horrorchata (BE CUTE)
DJ Deputy (XANADUDE)
DJ Sveta Spins

++ MC ++
MC Ariel Speed Wagon

++ PHOTOGRAPHY ++
Tinker Coalescing : Queer Photography
Ned Stresen-Reuter

++ READINGS ++
Max Steele
Tommy Pico
Kayla Morse

++ VJ ++
Kevin Ramser [Honcho]

++ VISUALS ++
Big Art Group

++ INSTALLATIONS ++
Jeffrey Owen Ralston

++ KARAOKE ++
Heather Litteer

++ TAROT ++
Lorenzo Estrella

++ HOSTS ++
Sarah Jenny (Hey Queen)
Jason Roe (SPANK)
Scott Nevins (The People’s Couch)

++ GUEST CURATOR ++
The Brooklyn Community Pride Center
JP Howard
Women Writers in Bloom
Azure D Osborne-Lee, and Joanna Hoffman
Music by Hi Tiger (Derek Jackson)
Dance by John Zullo/ Raw Dance Movement

@BAM_BROOKLYN
BAM FISHER
321 ASHLAND PL
BROOKLYN, NY

Celebrate Pride, Brooklyn Style
#EVERYBOOTY
ART + DJs + DRAG + PERFORMANCE+ MUSIC + PARTY

This event is 18+ with ID.
BAM Fisher is a wheelchair accessible venue.

No comments: